What to Expect
Planning can start up to two weeks before your surgery. Please review and follow the checklist to avoid delays or issues on surgery day. Contact KOSC at 865-244-4580 if you have any questions before your surgery.
- Complete your health history online or bring your medical history sheet with you on the day of your surgery.
- Complete labs as requested by your surgeon.
- Arrange for a responsible adult (aged 18 or older) to stay onsite at all times during your surgery and drive you home.
- Follow instructions given by the preadmission nurse, who will call you prior to your surgery to discuss which medications you should take on surgery day.
- Contact your prescribing physician to discuss how long before surgery you should stop taking medications that thin your blood.